Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Tibor Digana <ti...@apache.org> on 2018/03/18 18:50:45 UTC

Add permissions to close Pull Requests in ASF projects at GitHub

Do you have permissions to close pull requests in our ASF Maven projects?
Me either!
I would like to close completed PRs which leak in the list at GitHub and
the particular person does not respond to my request.

Re: Add permissions to close Pull Requests in ASF projects at GitHub

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
From my personal experience (as Bookkeeper committer) once Maven is
migrated to gitbox committers will have permissions to close pull requests
and even to add commits to pull requests of contributors

Enrico

Il dom 18 mar 2018, 19:58 Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org> ha scritto:

> Am 2018-03-18 um 19:50 schrieb Tibor Digana:
> > Do you have permissions to close pull requests in our ASF Maven projects?
> > Me either!
> > I would like to close completed PRs which leak in the list at GitHub and
> > the particular person does not respond to my request.
>
> Two options:
>
> 1. If you have merged, ammend the commit message and say: "This closes #XY"
> 2. If you reject, create a ticket with INFRA
>
> Michael

-- Enrico Olivelli

Re: Add permissions to close Pull Requests in ASF projects at GitHub

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi,
On 18/03/18 21:01, Hervé BOUTEMY wrote:
> Le dimanche 18 mars 2018, 20:41:05 CET Michael Osipov a écrit :
>> Am 2018-03-18 um 20:28 schrieb Karl Heinz Marbaise:
>>> Hi Tibor,

>>> Are you allowed to do merge a pull request via GitHub ?
>>
>> Please don't do that. GitHub will -- by default -- do a no-ff merge with
>> ugly and useless merge commits.
> AFAIK, now you can choose if you want the merge commit or fast-forward: then
> merging directly from GitHub can be a good option (yes, with fast-forward
> merge)

>> You have either to explicitly say ff
>> merge or do via shell.

Yes that's possible to do via GitHub.

which I would also recommend to keep the history clean and strait...

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.

Posted by Tibor Digana <ti...@apache.org>.
I always track all PRs in my mind and I then determine the order in which I
should take theirs and mine branches.
Then the classes and modules do not 'touch' and commits are squashed and
successfully rebased.

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Tibor Digana <ti...@apache.org>.

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi Tibor,

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
Tibor,

With GitBox, Maven developpers can have the permission: this is one of the key
feature we expected from GitBox migration

See "Link GitHub and ASF accounts (required to push to GitHub)" link on
https://gitbox.apache.org/

You're not yet linked, you should follow the instructions and you'll see.

Regards,

Hervé