Posted to dev@ranger.apache.org by Harinder <ha...@dataguise.com> on 2015/01/12 14:22:38 UTC

Where does HDFS check that Ranger is installed/enabled?

Hi All,

I want to know from where does HDFS check that Ranger is installed/enabled and it has to check the ranger polices to authorize the action performed. I see there is a xasecure-hdfs-security.xml file in the conf dir which contains info like the repository to be used and other stuff, but I think this is the second step after it confirms that Ranger is enabled.

Thanks
Harinder