Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/30 18:06:21 UTC

[HEADS UP] Proton and Proton-J 0.17.0 releases.

Hi folks,

Those of you following the other threads will know I have been working
on separating proton-j into its own repositories so proton[-c] and
proton-j can be more independent going forward, including independent
releases. As part of solidying this change, I aim to do new releases
of both with the new structure in place as soon as practical.

I believe the existing proton[-c] repo is already in a position for
this to occur in terms of the updates needed to move proton-j out,
though I understand there are some outstanding issues still being
worked on that it might be good to include in the release. Folks with
a better grip on those, or really anything at all that must be
addressed before a release off the current master can occur, feel free
to shout now. Any larger items previously mentioned for a 0.17.0
release will instead target a subsequent 0.18.0 release however, in
similar timeframe as the they would have originally emerged in the
'old 0.17.0' when ready.

On the proton-j side, I expect to be in a position to release in the
next few days.

Robbie

Re: [HEADS UP] Proton and Proton-J 0.17.0 releases.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 2 February 2017 at 18:37, Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 30 January 2017 at 18:06, Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Those of you following the other threads will know I have been working
>> on separating proton-j into its own repositories so proton[-c] and
>> proton-j can be more independent going forward, including independent
>> releases. As part of solidying this change, I aim to do new releases
>> of both with the new structure in place as soon as practical.
>>
>> I believe the existing proton[-c] repo is already in a position for
>> this to occur in terms of the updates needed to move proton-j out,
>> though I understand there are some outstanding issues still being
>> worked on that it might be good to include in the release. Folks with
>> a better grip on those, or really anything at all that must be
>> addressed before a release off the current master can occur, feel free
>> to shout now. Any larger items previously mentioned for a 0.17.0
>> release will instead target a subsequent 0.18.0 release however, in
>> similar timeframe as the they would have originally emerged in the
>> 'old 0.17.0' when ready.
>>
>> On the proton-j side, I expect to be in a position to release in the
>> next few days.
>>
>> Robbie
>
> I'll be aiming to do these tomorrow, or if not then on Monday.

I should be getting the releases under way shortly.

I've made initial updates for the website, I'll give them another
check and make any needed fixups next week once the releases are done,
but for now the changes are on the proton-updates branch of the site
repo if anyone wants a peek:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=qpid-site.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/proton-updates

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
Yes, the Python API remains part of the existing proton repo/release
alongside proton-c (which it is a binding for) and all the other
language bindings.