Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Pulkit Singhal <pu...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/05 20:55:45 UTC

How to place exclusions on a plugin directly

Hello Everyone,

I want to places the <exclusions> tag insidea <plugin> to remove the
dependencies that are referenced by that plugin's plugin.pom file
retrieved from maven repository.

I know that I can place <exclusions> under the <dependencies> tag but
here I want to exclude files from the plugin and not a dependency
nested under it.

Anyone know how to do this or if it can be done at all?

- Pulkit

Re: How to place exclusions on a plugin directly

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
If you explain your use case and why you want to do this, we could try to
find a workaround (or possibly the correct Maven way of doing things). A
plugin has a dependency for a reason, and that's normally because it needs
it.

/Anders

Posted by Jo Eduardo <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Pulkit,