Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Schweigl, Johann" <Jo...@softwareag.com> on 2002/07/25 16:46:11 UTC

FO validation tool?

Is there something like an fo validation tool?

I'm testing against Apache FOP, XEP and Antenna House and constantly end up
with three, somtimes substantially different results. Which doesn't mean
that my FO expertise is what it should be, so maybe I'm using weird or
undefined combinations of elements and attributes ...

Re: FO validation tool?

Posted by Chuck Paussa <Ch...@systems.dhl.com>.
Johann,

There is an FOP schema in the CVS that you can use to validate that your
FO document is valid. It has the FOP, but not the XEP and Antenna House,
supported and unsupported elements and attributes broken out. You could
alter it to also break out the XEP and Antenna House unsupported
elements and then stick to just those things supported by all three. (If
you do that, please post it back to the list.)

Here's the link from the archives:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-dev&m=102710680430089&w=2

Then, you'll need a tool like msv to validate your documents.
http://wwws.sun.com/software/xml/developers/multischema/

Chuck Paussa