Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by ken longnan <ke...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2021/09/24 04:52:18 UTC

回复:Re: Main updated to 4.4.0-SNAPSHOT and karaf-4.3.x branch

Hi JB,
I am very interested to know what is single spec bundles instead of cmpn, do you have more detailed introduction for that?
Thanks & Br,
Ken

发自 Android 版 Yahoo 邮箱

  2021 年 9 月 24 日周五上午 12:41,Jean-Baptiste Onofré<jb...@nanthrax.net> 写道:   Hi guys,

Just to let you know that, we now have:

- karaf-4.3.x branch (https://github.com/apache/karaf/tree/karaf-4.3.x)
- main branch has been upgraded to 4.4.0-SNAPSHOT with OSGi R8 and
single spec bundles instead of cmpn
(https://github.com/apache/karaf/tree/main)

I'm triggering a new build on Jenkins to be sure all is OK.

I will move forward on other updates.

Regards
JB

Re: 回复:Re: Main updated to 4.4.0-SNAPSHOT and karaf-4.3.x branch

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Ken,

it's something we discussed during a recent call in the Eclipse OSGi
Specification group.

cmpn won't be maintained anymore.

Bascially cmpn (formerly compendium) was an "uber" bundle gathering
bunch of spec: configadmin, eventadmin, etc.
Now, the OSGi Specification group recommendation is to *not* use cmpn
but the individual spec bundle instead, aka org.osgi.service.cm,
org.osgi.service.log, org.osgi.service.event, etc

Karaf 4.4.x now provides all versions in the BoM.

Regards
JB