Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Werner van Mook <we...@connecties.com> on 2003/09/30 18:47:07 UTC

admin app problems

Hi,

I have a server with tomcat 4.1.27 installed.
The server is located somewhere else and I can not change any non
tomcat software or settings.
The server has a admin application to administer the server over the
internet.
i don't know how this is done.

Now tomcat has an admin app itself. It can be reached by something like
:

	http://mydomain.com/admin

At least that would be the case if all was normal.
Now the admin app of the server itself will be started.
I renamed the tomcat admin app to admin2.
I renamed the admin.xml file in webapps to admin2.xml and changed the
context path to /admin2.

When I now use http://mydomain.com/admin2 I start the tomcat admin app
and I have to login.
All is normal so far.
I get the normal page and can choose several items under Resources and
User Definitions.
When I select one of these items I get an error message 503.
In the tomcat log it says :
javax.servlet.UnavailableException: MBeanServer is not available

Can someone explain to me what this means and how I can solve it ?

Sorry for all the noise in the message but I'm not sure what is
necessary for an answer.

Kind regards
Werner van Mook