Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "talk.small" <ta...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/22 03:24:52 UTC

Does the 'source' of @For in a form got evaluated during a rewind ?

<form jwcid="cartForm">

</form>

I thought upon a rewind, the source="ognl:itemList" will not be evaluated by
pulling data from server side database, becuase the itemlist has been stores
as hidden fields in the generated html form. It is the items in hidden
fields that will be restored to the list for rewinding the loop.

But when I debug the page, the result is quite on the contrary:
getItemList() is got called in a rewinding to restore the data from
database. So why bother to store the list of items to as the hidden fields,
since they seems no use for the submision?

BTW, I am using T4.0.2

Re: Does the 'source' of @For in a form got evaluated during a rewind ?

Posted by "talk.small" <ta...@gmail.com>.
Jessek, thanks for your reply!

I know there is 'convert' mechnism to save the network bandwidth,
my understanding is, even with 'convert' mechnism, the question is still
there:

That is, upon rewinding, the item list of the for loop is constructed from
server side
(e.g. by invoking getItemList() to retrieve data from backend database), or
from
the hidden fields biggybacked in the submission?

And my second question maybe like 'why it is designed to be so'?

Simon

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.