Posted to kerby@directory.apache.org by "Li, Jiajia" <ji...@intel.com> on 2016/03/13 01:30:43 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Kerby™ 1.0.0-RC2

The Apache Directory team is pleased to announce the release of Apache Kerby™ 1.0.0-RC2,
the second release candidate for the Apache Kerby™ project. This release includes roughly 105 resolved issues.

New features include:

- Anonymous PKINIT support(BETA).

- Finished token support.

- PKIX CMS/X509 support.

- BER encoding support.

- Improved the ASN1 framework.

- Dump support for Asn1.

- Separate KrbClient, KrbTokenClient, and KrbPkinitClient APIs.

You can download the latest sources package at :
http://directory.apache.org/kerby/downloads.html

The project is still in its infancy, and anyone willing to participate in the effort is very welcome!

Thank You!

Best Regards,
The Apache Directory Team

[1] https://github.com/apache/directory-kerby
[2] https://directory.apache.org/kerby/
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRKRB-102

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Kerby™ 1.0.0-RC2

Posted by "Li, Jiajia" <ji...@intel.com>.
The Apache Directory team is pleased to announce the release of Apache Kerby™ 1.0.0-RC2,
the second release candidate for the Apache Kerby™ project.

Apache Kerby™ is a Java Kerberos binding. It provides a rich, intuitive and interoperable implementation,
library, KDC and various facilities that integrates PKI, OTP and token (OAuth2) as desired in modern
environments such as cloud, Hadoop and mobile.

This release includes roughly 105 resolved issues.
New features include:
- Anonymous PKINIT support(BETA).
- Finished token support.
- PKIX CMS/X509 support.
- BER encoding support.
- Improved the ASN1 framework.
- Dump support for Asn1.
- Separate KrbClient, KrbTokenClient, and KrbPkinitClient APIs.

You can download the latest sources package at :
http://directory.apache.org/kerby/downloads.html

You can read more about Apache Kerby™ at:
http://directory.apache.org/kerby

The project is still in its infancy, and anyone willing to participate in the effort is very welcome!
Git repo in Apache: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/directory-kerby.git
Github site: https://github.com/apache/directory-kerby
Umbrella JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRKRB-102

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the release!

Best Regards,
The Apache Directory Team

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Kerby™ 1.0.0-RC2

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 15/03/16 04:47, Li, Jiajia a écrit :
> Thanks for Emmanuel's suggestion.
> I've test some mirrors in https://directory.apache.org/kerby/download/download-sources.html, the zip file(kerby-all-1.0.0-RC2-source-release.zip) now can be downloaded.

Thanks !

Note that not much of a problem nowdays, as most of the mirrors get
updated in less than 4 hours, but still. If Kerby become very
successful( which I hope !), then people will try to download it from a
mirror and will get errors if it's not up to date, which means mails to
be expected from people complaining ;-)

RE: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Kerby™ 1.0.0-RC2

Posted by "Li, Jiajia" <ji...@intel.com>.
Thanks for Emmanuel's suggestion.
I've test some mirrors in https://directory.apache.org/kerby/download/download-sources.html, the zip file(kerby-all-1.0.0-RC2-source-release.zip) now can be downloaded.

Regards,
Jiajia

> Thanks for making this happen. But you may need to check how Kerby and other projects were announced for a release regarding which mailing lists to send to, and resend this announcement. Thanks.

Hi guys,

you have to send this announcement to announce@apache;org, and to kerby, dev and users mailing lists. Now, please wait for the web site to be updated before sending this announcement (and that means delay the mail for 24h so that most of the mirrors get syncrhonized, to avoid the main server to be pound).

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Kerby™ 1.0.0-RC2

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Zheng, Kai" <ka...@intel.com>.
Hi Jiajia,

Thanks for making this happen. But you may need to check how Kerby and other projects were announced for a release regarding which mailing lists to send to, and resend this announcement. Thanks.

Regards,
Kai