Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Eric Woods <wo...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/14 19:01:19 UTC

Albums & MediaItems Implemented

Hi everyone,

I've implemented the Albums & MediaItems services in Apache Shindig and
uploaded a patch to JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHINDIG-1410.
This includes the Handlers, Services, and implementing database as well as
the appropriate bindings.  I've done preliminary testing to ensure general
functionality (GET requests are working), but I haven't thoroughly tested
with formal test cases.

Please take a look, all feedback is welcome.

Thanks,
Eric W.

Re: Albums & MediaItems Implemented

Posted by Mark D Weitzel <we...@us.ibm.com>.
As a follow on to this post, part of the reason we are looking at media
items/albums is to help align OpenSocial and CMIS. Here's a post that Eric
put out on the OpenSocial Spec list:
http://groups.google.com/group/opensocial-and-gadgets-spec/browse_thread/thread/8640946fd0d5e260/e1637adc896c232d?show_docid=e1637adc896c232d

In the enterprise world, there's a number of scenarios that we've started
coming across where customers will be using products that leverage both
standards. In many of these scenarios, these are products from two
different vendors, putting a premium on interoperability. We think it
makes a bunch of sense to try and bring the programming models closer
together. This creates a number of opportunities, including being able to
use gadgets CMIS, as well as the OSAPI. (This also makes it very easy for
customers to extend the platform by simply writing a gadget.) Profiles,
activities (and ultimately activity streams), also complement CMIS as
well, e.g. being able to easily get the profile for the person that is
working with the document (viewer), and then posting an activity when they
do something, e.g. update it.

There's a link to the wiki proposal that we are working towards for
"OpenSocial 1.1 Next" as well. We're just getting started, but feel free
to jump in and help.

-Mark W.

From:
Eric Woods <wo...@gmail.com>