Posted to sysadmins@spamassassin.apache.org by Dave Jones <da...@apache.org> on 2017/06/11 16:55:14 UTC

DNS history in SVN

I have setup sa-vm1:/usr/local/bin/pushDNStoSVN.sh to run weekly to
update SVN (dns repo) with the current zone dump.  This will give us
history of all of the DNS changes for the spamassassin.org zone.

We will get an email from the script via this list and from the SVN
commit itself via the commits list.

If you feel like this script should run daily, I can change the
/etc/cron.d/svn to '@daily' instead of '@weekly'.  I thought weekly
would be enough to start since it's really only the sa-update TXT
records that are changing daily so far.

--
Dave Jones

Re: DNS history in SVN

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <ke...@mcgrail.com>.
On 6/11/2017 12:55 PM, Dave Jones wrote:
> I have setup sa-vm1:/usr/local/bin/pushDNStoSVN.sh to run weekly to
> update SVN (dns repo) with the current zone dump. This will give us
> history of all of the DNS changes for the spamassassin.org zone.
>
> We will get an email from the script via this list and from the SVN
> commit itself via the commits list.
>
> If you feel like this script should run daily, I can change the
> /etc/cron.d/svn to '@daily' instead of '@weekly'.  I thought weekly
> would be enough to start since it's really only the sa-update TXT
> records that are changing daily so far.

Weekly sounds very good to me.  As you saw before it was just done
anecdotally prior!