Posted to dev@deltaspike.apache.org by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org> on 2016/06/10 10:34:03 UTC

Release Process Clarifications (was: [VOTE] Release of Apache DeltaSpike 1.7.0)

@gerhard,

Are you referring to this note?  Or something else?

> PS - I found a few issues with the release steps, which I will update
after
> the release is complete.

If so, I was holding off on enumerating them since I've only done the first
1/3rd of the release,and am not sure if there are other issues.

Basically if I follow [1], the following errors were encountered so far:

- The source release artifact changed from "deltaspike-project" to just
"deltaspike", I'm assuming after we moved the site and docs into the repo
which put the root pom as the start of the release.  This has been
consistent for a few releases if I look at the history, just not covered.
- Similarly, the tag is now just "deltaspike-{version}"

Once I fully execute the release I was going to update the guide.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/deltaspike/blob/master/site/src/main/asciidoc/steps_for_a_release.adoc

Re: Release Process Clarifications (was: [VOTE] Release of Apache DeltaSpike 1.7.0)

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gerhard,

I created a temp patch @
https://github.com/johnament/deltaspike/commit/9c11af021d2fac3cf70b260ccec6b29a3f3b292f

It also looks like our download page assumes the key used to sign the
release is not a distributed key.

John

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
@john: