Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Eron Wright <ew...@streamnative.io.INVALID> on 2021/10/02 20:40:49 UTC

[PIP 102] Pulsar Watermarking

Hi,
I've created PIP 102 to introduce the concept of watermarking into Pulsar,
to improve the correctness of stream processing applications that use
Pulsar topics as a source and/or sink.

https://github.com/apache/pulsar/issues/12267

Some initial efforts were made during the 2021 Apache Pulsar Hackathon to
demonstrate the value proposition.  Here's some relevant links:

https://github.com/EronWright/pulsar-hackathon-2021-projects-watermarking

https://streamnative.io/blog/community/2021-06-22-pulsar-hackathon-2021-winners-announced/

I'm giving a talk at Pulsar Summit Europe on this idea, and will post more
materials as they become available:
https://pulsar-summit.org/en/event/europe-2021/sessions/pulsar-watermarking

Looking forward to discussing this idea with the Pulsar community!
Eron Wright
StreamNative

Re: [PIP 102] Pulsar Watermarking

Posted by Eron Wright <ew...@streamnative.io.INVALID>.
Thanks for the feedback, I will address it along with feedback from the
upcoming summit, and then post an updated draft.   I also have details
about evolving the Flink connector and Pulsar function framework to support
this feature.

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Great work!