Posted to dev@corinthia.apache.org by Franz de Copenhague <fr...@outlook.com> on 2015/03/19 17:12:58 UTC

FW: ICLA for Corinthia project

I have sent the email below to private@corinthia.incubator.apache.org but it was not accepted by ezmlm (moderator program). So, I am sending to dev list

franz

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 19/03/2015 Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> I believe the way to accept an email and also accept all future emails from the same sender is to do a "Reply all."

Moderation mails have:
- "From" set to the REJECT address
- "Reply-To" set to the ACCEPT address
- "CC" set to the ALLOW address (i.e., whitelist the sender)

The system assumes that a "Reply all" will reply to ACCEPT+ALLOW with
the meaning of "accept this message and whitelist the sender". If this
doesn't work with your mail client, you can use the three addresses as
you wish (obviously, the first REJECT or ACCEPT blocks all other REJECT
or ACCEPT attempts).

I never explicitly reject, since that is the default action after a
certain period anyway. I am not a moderator of any Corinthia lists.

Regards,
   Andrea.

RE: ICLA for Corinthia project

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.
Oh, OK.  So Jan rejected the note from Franz before I attempted to accept it!

I see the email that is being moderated as an attachment.

I believe the way to accept an email and also accept all future emails from the same sender is to do a "Reply all."  It will use both the accept and reject email addresses but apparently the list server figures out that special case.  This does not make the sender a subscriber though.  They need to do/request that themselves.

For private@ naturally, being a subscriber is by invitation only and uninvited private-subscribe@ requests will be rejected.

 - Dennis

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.