Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Pr...@itsindia.com on 2001/04/02 10:22:42 UTC

** Help required: Err in Apache httpd could not be started **

Hi,

When I tried to start apache, which is configured to tomcat, it gives me
following error.

httpd could not be started

the error log file of apache says
[emerg] (2)No such file or directory: Error while opening the workers

My OS: linux

Regards,
Prashanth

Re: ** Help required: Err in Apache httpd could not be started **

Posted by Alex Potter <al...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
Have you examined the paths in tomcat/conf/workers.properties? you need to
set workers.tomcat_home and workers.java_home, and also your path separator
'/' for NIX, '\' for Windows.

HTH

Alex
: When I tried to start apache, which is configured to tomcat, it gives me
: following error.
:
: httpd could not be started
: