Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Aust, Christian" <Ch...@pecaso.com> on 2006/05/15 11:56:51 UTC

Variables in server.xml?

Hi,

is it possible to set values in server.xml to something referencing a variable? Like in ANT build files, where I could do

<host workdir="${TMP}">

Kind regards,

Christian Aust

Re: Variables in server.xml?

Posted by Markus Schönhaber <ma...@schoenhaber.de>.
Am Montag, den 15.05.2006, 11:56 +0200 schrieb Aust, Christian:

> is it possible to set values in server.xml to something referencing a variable? Like in ANT build files, where I could do
>
> <host workdir="${TMP}">

Yes. At least Java properties will be replaced with their value. For
example you could use something like:

<init-param>
    <param-name>messageParam</param-name>
    <param-value>${java.library.path}</param-value>
</init-param>

to pass the value of the java.library.path system property as a
parameter to your servlet.

Regards
  mks