Posted to dev@phoenix.apache.org by Istvan Toth <st...@apache.org> on 2022/07/12 13:58:07 UTC

[VOTE] Release of phoenixdb 1.2.0 RC1

Hello Everyone,

This is a call for a vote on phoenixdb 1.2.0 RC1.

PhoenixDB is native Python driver for accessing Phoenix via Phoenix Query
Server.

This version contains the following improvements compared to the previous
1.1.0 release

- Updated test environment to support Python 3.9 and 3.10 (PHOENIX-6737)
- Fixed get_view_names() in SqlAlchemy driver (PHOENIX-6727)
- Added supports_statement_cache attribute for SqlAlchemy dialect to avoid
warnings (PHOENIX-6735)
- Re-generated the protobuf Python files with protoc 3.19 from the Avatica
1.21 descriptors (PHOENIX-6731)
- Dropped support for Python 3.4 (PHOENIX-6731)

The source release consists of the contents of the python-phoenixdb
directory of the phoenix-queryserver repository.

The source tarball, including signatures, digests, etc can be found at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/phoenix/python-phoenixdb-1.2.0.rc0/

Artifacts are signed with my "CODE SIGNING KEY":
825203A70405BC83AECF5F7D97351C1B794433C7

KEYS file available here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/phoenix/KEYS

The hash and tag to be voted upon:

https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=phoenix-queryserver.git;a=commit;h=c1bfbdf1299a28ab6d2e25d892577aa4097db9a0

https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=phoenix-queryserver.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/python-phoenixdb-1.2.0.rc1

The only change compared to RC1 is adding the ASF license header to
docker-entrypoint.sh.

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. Please vote:

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Thanks,
Istvan

Re: [VOTE] Release of phoenixdb 1.2.0 RC1

Posted by Istvan Toth <st...@apache.org>.
The vote has passed with three binding +1 votes, and one non-binding +1
vote.

Thanks for the votes Richard, Viraj and Ankit!

I shall finalize the release soon.

Istvan

Posted by Ankit Singhal <an...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)