Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Dinesh Akhand <di...@amdocs.com> on 2017/09/14 11:42:51 UTC

[DISCUSS] GEODE-3617 Replace gemfire prefix with geode

Hi,

Why we are keeping gemfire in current geode 1.2 , Can we replace this with GEODE
File : DistributionConfig.java

Current code:
  String GEMFIRE_PREFIX = "gemfire.";

Suggestion to change:
 String GEODE_PREFIX = "geode.";

Why do you think ?
Can we go ahead  and change this ?
It will impact lots of files & all configuration will be now using with geode.

Thanks,
Dinesh Akhand

you may review at https://www.amdocs.com/about/email-disclaimer <https://www.amdocs.com/about/email-disclaimer>

Re: [DISCUSS] GEODE-3617 Replace gemfire prefix with geode

Posted by Swapnil Bawaskar <sb...@pivotal.io>.
In the interest of keeping the re-branding tasks together, I took the
liberty to made GEODE-3617 a subtask of
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GEODE-1466.

Posted by Dave Barnes <db...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Dave Barnes <db...@pivotal.io>.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1C2D7cpcYMy5bd0aXXReJn6wWsBuLZrCegl7_cevvKo0/edit#gid=0

Posted by Bruce Schuchardt <bs...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Darrel Schneider <ds...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Kirk Lund <kl...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jacob Barrett <jb...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Kirk Lund <kl...@apache.org>.
Whoever takes this work on will need to spend time figuring out a way to
make it pluggable and support multiple prefixes possibly with pluggable
order of preference. For example, we would need to support looking for
geode.properties and gemfire.properties or it would break backwards
compatibility for users.

Posted by Dave Barnes <db...@pivotal.io>.