Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Hugo Trippaers <hu...@apache.org> on 2014/05/30 15:23:09 UTC

quarterly board report, initial draft

Hey all,

We are due for our quarterly board reports. I’ve drafted an initial version. Please review and post any feedback and/or questions.

DESCRIPTION
Apache CloudStack is open source software designed to deploy and manage
large networks of virtual machines, as a highly available, highly scalable
Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) cloud computing platform.

ISSUES

None

CURRENT ACTIVITY
* The community is working on the CloudStack 4.4.0 release. In the original
  planning the release should have been pushed out already. The delay is
  caused by testers identifying multiple blocking issues.
* Apache CloudStack CloudMonkey 5.1.0 was released on May 16 2014. Apache
  CloudStack CloudMonkey is a CLI tool for interacting with Apache
  CloudStack and is distributed separate from Apache CloudStack
* The community is working with The Linux Foundation to setup
  the second European CloudStack Collaboration Conference
  (CCCEU). CCCEU will planned following ApacheCon in
  Budapest from November 19 till 21.
* The Japanse user group is sending activity reports to the
  mailing-list. This gives the non japanese part of the community an
  insight on what their activities and promotes cooperation
  across language barriers.

RELEASES
Apache CloudStack 4.3.0 was released on March 25, 2014.
Apache CloudStack CloudMonkey 5.1.0 was released on May 16, 2014

COMMUNITY
Including the following additions, CloudStack has 91 (+5) committers and 28 (+2)
PMC members.

New Committers:
Demetrius Tsitrelis (demetriust)- April 1
Lucian Paul (nux) - April 7
Paul Angus (paul_a) - April 12
Yoshikazu Nojima (ynojima) - April 19
Saksham Srivastava (saksham) - May 29

New PMC Members:
Alena Prokharchyk (alena1108) - April 22
Go Chiba (gochiba) - April 22

The Apache CloudStack project remains a high volume community:

//FIXME Old figures, needs update
dev@ 761 729(+32) subs / msgs = Dec: 1298, Jan: 1977, Feb: 1691
users@ 1042(-59) subs / msgs = Dec: 514, Jan: 516, Feb: 474
issues@ 192(+15) subs / msgs = Dec: 3028, Jan: 2607, Feb: 943
commits@ 202(+8) subs / msgs = Dec: 1023, Jan: 1311, Feb: 884
marketing@ 178(+15) subs / msgs = Dec: 63, Jan: 91, Feb: 18
users-cn@ 508(+40) subs / msgs = Dec: 83, Jan: 64, Feb: 38

Cheers,

Hugo

Re: quarterly board report, initial draft

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@apache.org>.
On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 03:23:09PM +0200, Hugo Trippaers wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> We are due for our quarterly board reports. I’ve drafted an initial version. Please review and post any feedback and/or questions.
>
> DESCRIPTION
> Apache CloudStack is open source software designed to deploy and manage
> large networks of virtual machines, as a highly available, highly scalable
> Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) cloud computing platform.
>
> ISSUES
>
> None
>
> CURRENT ACTIVITY
> * The community is working on the CloudStack 4.4.0 release. In the original
>   planning the release should have been pushed out already. The delay is
>   caused by testers identifying multiple blocking issues.
> * Apache CloudStack CloudMonkey 5.1.0 was released on May 16 2014. Apache
>   CloudStack CloudMonkey is a CLI tool for interacting with Apache
>   CloudStack and is distributed separate from Apache CloudStack
> * The community is working with The Linux Foundation to setup
>   the second European CloudStack Collaboration Conference
>   (CCCEU). CCCEU will planned following ApacheCon in
>   Budapest from November 19 till 21.
> * The Japanse user group is sending activity reports to the
>   mailing-list. This gives the non japanese part of the community an
>   insight on what their activities and promotes cooperation
>   across language barriers.

Potential addition:

 * Our change in documentation format seems to have significantly
   improved the workflow for contributions, and we are now seeing an
   increase in the overall diversity and amount of doc contributions.

> RELEASES
> Apache CloudStack 4.3.0 was released on March 25, 2014.
> Apache CloudStack CloudMonkey 5.1.0 was released on May 16, 2014
>
> COMMUNITY
> Including the following additions, CloudStack has 91 (+5) committers and 28 (+2)
> PMC members.
>
> New Committers:
> Demetrius Tsitrelis (demetriust)- April 1
> Lucian Paul (nux) - April 7
> Paul Angus (paul_a) - April 12
> Yoshikazu Nojima (ynojima) - April 19
> Saksham Srivastava (saksham) - May 29
>
> New PMC Members:
> Alena Prokharchyk (alena1108) - April 22
> Go Chiba (gochiba) - April 22
>
> The Apache CloudStack project remains a high volume community:
>
> //FIXME Old figures, needs update

If you got into the list moderation role for these MLs, I used to get
these numbers from a combination of markmail and emailing
listname-list@cs.a.o.

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@apache.org>.
On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 03:23:09PM +0200, Hugo Trippaers wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> We are due for our quarterly board reports. I’ve drafted an initial version. Please review and post any feedback and/or questions.

Also, don't forget to add to the wiki here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Board+Reports