Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hoa Doan <ge...@yahoo.com> on 2007/08/16 06:40:05 UTC

catalina error log

I have tomcat 6 and it is getting the jvm.dll from my "jre1.6.0_02/bin/client" directory.  Everytime I start it I get the message below.  My server is able to parse file but the message scares me...  So how do i fix the this message?

"Aug 16, 2007 12:32:22 AM org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener init
INFO: The Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance in production environments was not found on the java.library.path: C:\Tomcat6\bin;.;C:\WINDOWS\Sun\Java\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\;D:\server\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\bin;C:\Program Files\ImageConverter Plus;"

Thank you,
Hoa

---------------------------------
Building a website is a piece of cake.

Re: Apache APR Native Library

Posted by Len Popp <le...@gmail.com>.
The DLL should go in Tomcat's "bin" subdirectory.
--
Len

Apache APR Native Library

Posted by KarenC <ka...@boeing.com>.
Hi Chuck,

[...]

and its attachments from all computers.

RE: catalina error log

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Re: catalina error log

Posted by KarenC <ka...@boeing.com>.
Hi I am new to this Forum and would like to ask a question along the same
lines as this thread.

I have tomcat 5.5.23 and am getting the same error as this thread. I have
found the Windows file tomcat-native-1.1.10-win32-src.zip and unzipped it.
However have no idea what part of it to put where. It is a bunch of folders
that look like they just need to be dropped somewhere into either Java or
Tomcat?

Your help is much appreciated.

KarenC

RE: catalina error log

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Matthew Kerle [mailto:matthew.kerle@sra.com.au]
> Subject: Re: catalina error log
>
> you're missing the Apache Portable Runtime library from your PATH
> variable. this  is not a serious problem, but if you don't
> want to get this error then download the version of the library

If you don't need the performance enhancement and want to keep your life
simple, just comment out the APR listener in server.xml - that's the
source of the message.

Re: catalina error log

Posted by Matthew Kerle <ma...@sra.com.au>.
you're missing the Apache Portable Runtime library from your PATH
variable. this  is not a serious problem, but if you don't want to get
this error then download the version of the library for your OS and
install it to a directory on your PATH (eg - %JAVA_HOME%/bin, or another
dir and add it to your path)
http://apr.apache.org/download.cgi

the apr is a performance enhancer, it basically allows tomcat (or any
application) to use the same fast file access (among other functions) as
the HTTPD web server. If you don't have it you don't lose anything, but
the error message is annoying.

hope this helps.

Hoa Doan wrote:
> I have tomcat 6 and it is getting the jvm.dll from my "jre1.6.0_02/bin/client" directory.  Everytime I start it I get the message below.  My server is able to parse file but the message scares me...  So how do i fix the this message?
>
> "Aug 16, 2007 12:32:22 AM org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener init
> INFO: The Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance in production environments was not found on the java.library.path: C:\Tomcat6\bin;.;C:\WINDOWS\Sun\Java\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\;D:\server\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\bin;C:\Program Files\ImageConverter Plus;"
>
> Thank you,
> Hoa

Matthew Kerle IT Consultant
Canberra, Australia