Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Vi <vi...@bexout.com> on 2004/03/17 12:25:57 UTC

[users@httpd] Rebuild

Hi,
I have rh9 and apache 2.0.40 was installed with it by default. My fears
are that 40 means that there are 8
bugs not fixed. So I thought to rebuild it. But I don't wan't to lose
current configuration. If I do
./configure --prefix=/usr
./make
./make install
How big is the risk to lose what I have?
Your experience with situation like this?

Re: [users@httpd] Rebuild

Posted by Vi <vi...@bexout.com>.
There was no apache2ctl on my computer at all ??
But it was the same as with httpd, so I rmed and lned.
I found one computer to put rh on, one designer allowed me to install it
on his computer (not that I asked him :)).
Thanks.

Re: [users@httpd] Rebuild

Posted by Didier Peereboom Voller <di...@simpelinternet.nl>.
How are you stopping it?