Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Vikas <vi...@infravio.com> on 2006/01/19 06:32:45 UTC

Running the sample

Hi all,

I performed the following steps...

1) Did a fresh Synapse build - maven jar & maven dist-bin
2) Extracted the Synapse-Incubating-M1-SNAPSHOT-bin.zip
3) Started the stand-alone server
4) Went to the sample and ran the ant task given...
    I got the following:

    StockQuote:
     [java] [main] INFO  deployment.DeploymentEngine - Deploying module : addressing
     [java] java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.axis2.soap.SOAPEnvelope.addHeaderBlock(Ljava/lan
g/String;Lorg/apache/axis2/om/OMNamespace;)Lorg/apache/axis2/soap/SOAPHeaderBlock;
     [java]     at org.apache.axis2.handlers.addressing.AddressingOutHandler.invoke(AddressingOutHan
dler.java:94)
     [java]     at org.apache.axis2.engine.Phase.invoke(Phase.java:376)
     [java]     at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.invoke(AxisEngine.java:351)
     [java]     at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.send(AxisEngine.java:441)
     [java]     at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisOperation.jav
a:317)
     [java]     at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.execute(OutInAxisOperation.
java:267)
     [java]     at org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.sendReceive(ServiceClient.java:393)
     [java]     at org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.sendReceive(ServiceClient.java:326)
     [java]     at samples.userguide.StockQuoteClient.main(StockQuoteClient.java:74)
     [java] Exception in thread "main"
     [java] Java Result: 1
This might be happening due to the addressing.mar issue in axis2's packaging. Axis2 list has put up a way to overcome this, but that requires user intervention.

Some other options are

* We do a dependency on the axis2-addressing jar

* Do the workaround, suggested by axis2-list, during the build process and hide the problem from the user

Any thoughts??

~Vikas.

Re: Running the sample

Posted by Saminda Abeyruwan <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vikas,

As you can see from the Exception this is a client side issue, NOT Synapse
server side!.

This is mainly due a critical problem that's  been found in the Axis2
0.94distribution.

As we are running Synapse client side sample with the aid of  axis2-core.jar.
Now if you see the axis2.xml coming  with it, it has engaged addressing
default, but axis2-core.jar doesn't have the addressing.mar in it.

Now if you are using ServiceClient() with no argument, you have to follow
the instruction given in,
http://ws.apache.org/axis2/download.cgi

For binary distribution  to run the samples we can proved a solution to
remove this. Now if you want to run the sample using IDE, you have to follow
the instruction given in Axis2, because you are running a Axis2 client.

Thank you

Saminda