Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by DHRUVI DOSHI <dr...@ce.vjti.ac.in> on 2023/02/28 15:49:57 UTC

Expressing interest for GSOC 2023

Hello Airavata Community,

I hope this email finds you well.
I'm Dhruvi Doshi, a final year undergrad pursuing Computer Engineering at
VJTI, India. I express my sincere interest in contributing to the Airavata.
With the GSOC program, I wish to commence my contributions to this
community. I do have a good hold over python. I have been a GSOC 2022
mentee where I have worked on python and debian packages. Please find my
attached resume.

I have been reading about the project and getting an overview of it. *I
would like to request for some guidelines to get started. Starter tasks
would be great too.*
Until then I will be setting up Airavata Django Portal locally.

Thank You,
BR,
Dhruvi Doshi.

Re: Expressing interest for GSOC 2023

Posted by DHRUVI DOSHI <dr...@ce.vjti.ac.in>.
Thank you professor,
I will try some tutorials and create a custom django app.

BR,
Dhruvi

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
Hi Dhruvi,

Yes you are on the right track, you can setup Django Portal locally and try various tutorials - https://apache-airavata-django-portal.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ <https://apache-airavata-django-portal.readthedocs.io/en/latest/>

If you can get to this one - https://apache-airavata-django-portal.readthedocs.io/en/latest/dev/custom_django_app/ <https://apache-airavata-django-portal.readthedocs.io/en/latest/dev/custom_django_app/> we might have some projects for you.