Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Miklos Pocsaji <mi...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/27 13:53:52 UTC

Error retrieving value of a node

Hi!

I have a custom node type which inherits from jcr:resource. I use it
to upload doc,pdf,html,etc. to a document repository. I uploaded a doc
and when I wanna read the jcr:data attribute I get the following:
javax.jcr.RepositoryException: Unable to get value of
/documents/<...>/DOC117189809/jcr:data:java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException:
0
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.PropertyImpl.getValue(PropertyImpl.java:479)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.PropertyImpl.getStream(PropertyImpl.java:512)
        at com.clarmont.cms.jcr.beans.DownloadManagerBean.initializeDownload(Unknown
Source)

Did I something wrong or is this a bug?
I take care of closing a committing a session but is it possible that
an uncommitted / unclosed / killed session confused Jackrabbit? This
problem occurs several times...

Thanks in advance,
Miklos.

Re: Error retrieving value of a node

Posted by Stefan Guggisberg <st...@gmail.com>.
hi miklos,

On 7/27/05, Miklos Pocsaji <mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have a custom node type which inherits from jcr:resource. I use it
> to upload doc,pdf,html,etc. to a document repository. I uploaded a doc
> and when I wanna read the jcr:data attribute I get the following:
> javax.jcr.RepositoryException: Unable to get value of
> /documents/<...>/DOC117189809/jcr:data:java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException:
> 0
>         at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.PropertyImpl.getValue(PropertyImpl.java:479)
>         at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.PropertyImpl.getStream(PropertyImpl.java:512)
>         at com.clarmont.cms.jcr.beans.DownloadManagerBean.initializeDownload(Unknown
> Source)
>
> Did I something wrong or is this a bug?

is this problem reproducible? if so please post a jira issue with
detailed instructions how to reproduce the problem in jackrabbit,
ideally including some code.

cheers
stefan