Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Daniel Zwink <da...@zwink.de> on 2002/04/24 15:51:00 UTC

MPM perchild

Hi,

the summary for the MPM "perchild" says:
"This MPM does not currently work on most platforms. Work is ongoing
to make it functional."

Will this MPM be available for Windows NT anytime soon or should I
better search for another solution to have different named Virtual Hosts
under different users on Windows NT?

Does anyone know for which platforms this MPM is "working" at the moment?

Thanks in advance, Daniel
--
Auf Gott hoffen wir,
er werde uns auch hinfort erretten.

Re: MPM perchild

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, Daniel Zwink wrote:
> Will this MPM be available for Windows NT anytime soon or should I
> better search for another solution to have different named Virtual Hosts
> under different users on Windows NT?

You should find another solution.  perchild will never work on NT because
it uses many unix-specific techniques.  It should be possible to write an
mpm that has the same functionality as perchild and works on NT, but
unless you are planning to do it yourself, I wouldn't hold your breath.

Joshua.