Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Alessandro Colantoni <al...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/06 11:59:33 UTC

Connection timeout

Hi all.
I'm using ojb1.4 with persistence broker.
I would know if there is any way to set a timeout for the broker, so if it
doesn't end his job in the timeout limit a rollback is done and an exception
thrown.
Thanks in advance for the help.

Alessandro

Re: Connection timeout

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Alessandro Colantoni wrote:
> I understand you do not have a deadlock, but you have a process very slow.
> As Armin said a timeout on the transaction is not available on Ojb. It will
> be very useful, as it avoid problems with bad operation.

To support PB-tx timeout OJB has to start a background thread which
periodically checks for timed out PB-tx - I don't like this idea (this
can cause all known thread issues like deadlocks, ...).

regards,
Armin

Re: Connection timeout

Posted by Alessandro Colantoni <al...@gmail.com>.
I understand you do not have a deadlock, but you have a process very slow.
As Armin said a timeout on the transaction is not available on Ojb. It will
be very useful, as it avoid problems with bad operation. Anyway, what the

RE: Connection timeout

Re: Connection timeout

Posted by Alessandro Colantoni <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi Eric,