Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org> on 2016/12/02 01:27:45 UTC

[RNG] Include LICENCE and NOTICE in META-INF

On Fri, 02 Dec 2016 01:09:12 +0100, Gilles wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Dec 2016 15:44:50 -0800, Rob Tompkins wrote:
>>> On Dec 1, 2016, at 3:32 PM, Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>
>>> wrote:

>>> Which files?
>>
>> The LICENSE.txt and NOTICE.txt aren\u2019t in the META-INF directory of
>> the main jar artifact for at least rng-core, whereas
>>
>> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/commons/commons-lang3/3.5/commons-lang3-3.5.jar
>>
>> <http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/commons/commons-lang3/3.5/commons-lang3-3.5.jar>
>> does contain those files.
>
> I don't know when in the modularization process, those were dropped!
> Oh wait, I think I've spotted the problem.

Sadly, I haven't.
The settings are in the parent POM (marked as a hack), but obviously
it doesn't work for a modular project.
I've looked at the POM of two modular projects ("weaver" and "vfs");
they seem to deal with that issue in their POM, but in seemingly
very different (and convoluted) ways. :-(

I'll do it more crudely: "cp".
Redundant copies can always be removed next time...

Gilles