Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Eric Jain <Er...@isb-sib.ch> on 2002/08/22 09:28:07 UTC

Fw: LogFactor5 feature request

Are there any plans to add support for Mapped Diagnostic Contexts (MDC) to
LogFactor5? This would be an extremely usefull feature, especially if it
was also possible to add user defined columns.

Also, I wouldn't mind if there was an option to hide the bar with the
font/clear log table items, and to switch the look-and-feel of the GUI...

--
Eric Jain

Re: LogFactor5 feature request

Posted by Eric Jain <Er...@isb-sib.ch>.
> note that in %X{system}, 'system' is the name of the parameter you
> added to the mdc.
> i suspect that you don't have that in your mdc, in which case you
> will just get an empty string.

Regardless of what I put in %X{...}[slf5s.NDC], my NDC in LF5 insists on
displaying the name of the EJB from within which the logging call
originated. No idea how this information got collected. Logging MDC data to
files works fine otherwise.

Posted by peter riegersperger <ri...@subnet.at>.

Re: LogFactor5 feature request

Posted by Eric Jain <Er...@isb-sib.ch>.
> > log4j.appender.console1.layout.ConversionPattern=[slf5s.start]%d{D
> > ATE}[slf5s.DATE] %p[slf5s.PRIORITY] %c[slf5s.CATEGORY]
> > %X{system}[slf5s.NDC] %m[slf5s.MESSAGE]%n
> >
> > Notice the %X (uppercase X).  Log4j outputs the MDC but LF5 reads
> > it in as NDC.

Thanks, sounds exactly like what I need. Unfortunately I couldn't get it to
work yet, must be something wrong with my configuration file. Any ideas
(perhaps the layout class attribute)?

 <appender name="LF5Appender" class="org.apache.log4j.lf5.LF5Appender">
  <param name="MaxNumberOfRecords" value="1000"/>
   <param name="ConversionPattern" value="[slf5s.start]%d{DATE}[slf5s.DATE]
%p[slf5s.PRIORITY] %c[slf5s.CATEGORY] %X{system}[slf5s.NDC]
%m[slf5s.MESSAGE]%n"/>
  </layout>
 </appender>

Posted by peter riegersperger <ri...@subnet.at>.