Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Manfred Riem <mr...@win.tue.nl> on 2004/02/03 16:12:03 UTC

Release schedule for Jelly

Hi all,

I am just wondering if there is a release schedule for the
1.0 release of Jelly? If so where can I find it?

And also what is the current status of the project. The
documentation seems to be for beta-3, not for beta-4?

Regards,

Manfred Riem
mriem@win.tue.nl
http://www.riaca.win.tue.nl

Re: Wishlist 1.0 (was RE: Release schedule for Jelly)

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org>.
On 3-Feb-04, at 17:39 Uhr, Manfred Riem wrote:

> 1. Better documentation on how to do command line running
>    without the need of building in Maven.
>
> 2. Packaging of the JAR files with the binary distribution
>    of Jelly 1.0.

Well.. here's an approach of a solution.
Sorry I got stuck with this project, I wanted this to eat a jelly
file... but then it would have made jelly depend on one of its taglibs
which was great nonsense to me (this is mostly a limitation of maven...
we have no bootstrap for jelly like maven has).

The approach of solution is to update to the latest status of jelly and
run:

  maven pack-fat-jar -DtagLibs=bla,bla,bla

where bla,bla,bla is a comma-separated list of taglib-names which you
wish to see packed. You are assumed to have run "maven
jar:install-snapshot" in each of these directories and in the
jelly-home.

You then get a jar called target/jellypack.jar which you can run using

java -jar jellypack.jar myJelly.jelly

For example, the following just worked for me:

maven pack-fat-jar -DtagLibs=xml,util,swing
java -jar target/jellypack.jar
jelly-tags/swing/src/test/org/apache/commons/jelly/demos/
homepageBuilder.jelly

Thanks to test!

paul

Re: [jelly] Wishlist 1.0 (was RE: Release schedule for Jelly)

Posted by peter royal <pr...@pace2020.com>.
On Feb 3, 2004, at 1:38 PM, Michael Lanzetta wrote:
> I've got some free time.  I'm not a committer, but I'd certainly be
> willing
> to help.  What areas should I concentrate on?

Whatever you want! Its open source, so no-one can force you to do
anything :)

Manfred's list is a good start...
  * Documentation .. howto's and examples
  * Patches for bugs in JIRA
  * General JIRA cleanup to sort through the issues

-pete

Re: [jelly] Wishlist 1.0 (was RE: Release schedule for Jelly)

Posted by Michael Lanzetta <mi...@hotmail.com>.
Pete,

I've got some free time.  I'm not a committer, but I'd certainly be willing
to help.  What areas should I concentrate on?

-Mike Lanzetta
Posted by peter royal <pr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org>.
On 3-Feb-04, at 17:39 Uhr, Manfred Riem wrote:
> No you haven't been rude, I was just wondering when there will
> be a official 1.0 release. I for one would like to have the
> following things.
>
> 1. Better documentation on how to do command line running
>    without the need of building in Maven.
>
> 2. Packaging of the JAR files with the binary distribution
>    of Jelly 1.0.

These two are the same. I might be able to do something there...

> 3. More example Jelly scripts ;)

Well... find . -name "*.jelly" and you'll be flooded !
Many many unit-tests are jelly scripts.

> 4. Doing builds in Ant + Jelly.

What does this mean ?

paul

Wishlist 1.0 (was RE: Release schedule for Jelly)

Posted by Manfred Riem <mr...@win.tue.nl>.
Hi Paul,

No you haven't been rude, I was just wondering when there will
be a official 1.0 release. I for one would like to have the
following things.

1. Better documentation on how to do command line running
   without the need of building in Maven.

2. Packaging of the JAR files with the binary distribution
   of Jelly 1.0.

3. More example Jelly scripts ;)

4. Doing builds in Ant + Jelly.

Just some ideas,

Manfred Riem
mriem@win.tue.nl
http://www.riaca.win.tue.nl

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@ags.uni-sb.de>.
Manfred,

Posted by Manfred Riem <mr...@win.tue.nl>.
Is there any change of getting an active committer on Jelly?

Manfred Riem
mriem@win.tue.nl
http://www.riaca.win.tue.nl

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@ags.uni-sb.de>.