Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Marcello Marangio <m....@tno.it> on 2004/11/18 16:51:27 UTC

NullPointerException in SOAPHeaderElement(Element e)

Hi all.
I am trying to use the constructor SOAPHeaderElement (Element elem).
My elem has no namespaceURI, so the constructor throws a
NullPointerException at line 109:

	if
(getNamespaceURI().equals(SOAPConstants.SOAP12_CONSTANTS.getEnvelopeURI()))

Is it a bug?
Is there a way to bypass this problem?
Cheers
Marcello

R: NullPointerException in SOAPHeaderElement(Element e)

Posted by Marcello Marangio <m....@tno.it>.
Hi All
In the meantime I bypassed the problem:

org.apache.axis.message.SOAPHeaderElement she = new
org.apache.axis.message.SOAPHeaderElement(elem){
            public String getNamespaceURI() { return( "dummy"); }
        };

But I think it should be modifyed in SOAPHeaderElement source with:

if(SOAPConstants.SOAP12_CONSTANTS.getEnvelopeURI().equals(getNamespaceURI())
)

Waddyathink?

Cheers
Marcello