Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Jarrod Stenberg <sl...@yahoo.com> on 2002/08/21 23:47:45 UTC

Re: Embperl-2.0b8 httpd Segmentation Faults. Unclosed tags? Ignore previous.

More info.

I discovered that the segfaults are related to DBI.
Given:

# DBI is already loaded.
$dbh = ...
$sth = $dbh->prepare(...);
$sth->execute();

And the above is a successful query leaving me a
handle with stuff to do.  If I do this:

    while ($h = $sth->fetchrow_hashref()) {
        #do stuff
    }

within the same block, it works fine.

But, if I do this:

    [$ while ($h = $sth->fetchrow_hashref()) $]
       [# do stuff #]
    [$ endwhile $]

It segfaults the httpd instance.  I'm using namespaces
as prescribed, I think.  What gives?  Any ideas?

-Jarrod
P.S.  Sorry about the double post.  My laptop went
whacky for a moment.