Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com> on 2010/09/09 12:33:15 UTC

Shadding & Javassist

Hi,

I noticed these two things as the most confusing changes. First one is
blocking development, you must all the time fighting with missing
classes like StringUtils and so on :-(

The second is mostly confused for users, they don't understand why
they must provide Javassist separately. And besides it is a direct
OGNL dependency (what if someone want to use OGNL outside the Struts
2?)

To improve that I'm going to get rid of shadding and put back
Javassist as OGNL's dependency. Any thoughts?

Regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: Shadding & Javassist

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.
2010/9/13 Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>:
> Ok, shading is going to be out and Javassist is going back to OGNL. ;-)

The new 3.0.1 version of OGNL is under way to Maven Central Repo

Kind regards
--
Kapituła Javarsovia http://javarsovia.pl

Re: Shadding & Javassist

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@gmail.com>.
I say do it--I asked about both of these things a week or two ago, and
on JavaRanch the Javassist thing has been brought up a few times
already.

Is the plan to remove the XWork StringUtils and use commons? (I think
it should be.) The shading thing really confused my IntelliJ.