Posted to dev@oodt.apache.org by Tom Barber <to...@meteorite.bi> on 2017/03/09 13:27:12 UTC

[REPORT] Apache OODT - March 2017

DESCRIPTION

Apache OODT is a software framework as well as an architectural style for
the
rapid construction of scientific data systems.  It provides components for
data capture, curation, metadata extraction, workflow management, resource
management, and data processing.

RELEASES/DEVELOPMENT

- Last release was 1.0 on Wed Jun 29 2016

We resolved 0 issues for this release.

Development on Apache OODT has been pretty quiet over the last 9 months,
but we have recently accepted a large new feature into our code base and
are currently working at incorporating that into the mainline branch so
that we can run a release with the new features in place.

On top of that there has been renewed discussion over the last week or so
over the state of Apache OODT development and what we need to do to move
forward with the 2.0 roadmap. This has been organised and we should be
seeing increased development activity over the coming quarter.

COMMUNITY

Latest committers and PMC members
Radu Maonle(radumanole) on 11th Oct 2015 as committer and PMC member

Last committer and PMC member added on 11th October 2015.

        No new users have spoken up on the mailing list recently, but there
has been some interest and patches committed by a volunteer via Jira so we
will be working at bringing them into the project.

ISSUES

There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

HEALTH REPORT

The project activity is pretty quiet, but there are still on going efforts
in place to help drive wider adoption.