Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Brent Webster <br...@liquidcomputing.com> on 2006/05/15 20:14:26 UTC

Q: commit-access-control.cfg file

Using commit-access-control.pl with commit-access-control.cfg, I want to
filter read-write access on a particular file extension. (i.e. *.spec).
I want my packaging prime to be the only person to update the rpm spec
files.  Of course, these file are located at various directory levels.

Tried

	[*.dd file only update]
	match   = *.dd
	users   = brentwebster
	access  = read-write

but it generated the error:
svn: 'pre-commit' hook failed with error output:
/server/svn/repos/tools/hook-scripts/commit-access-control.pl: config
file `/server/svn/repos/playzone/hooks/commit-access-control.cfg'
section `*.dd file only update' `match' regex `*.dd' does not compile:
Quantifier follows nothing in regex; marked by <-- HERE in m/* <-- HERE
.dd/ at /server/svn/repos/tools/hook-scripts/commit-access-control.pl
line 160.

I tried various other regex but they failed so what am I missing? escape
characters, good documentation, what?

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Brent

Re: Q: commit-access-control.cfg file

Posted by Nick Thompson <ni...@agere.com>.
On Monday 15 May 2006 21:14, Brent Webster wrote:
> Using commit-access-control.pl with commit-access-control.cfg, I
> want to filter read-write access on a particular file extension.
> (i.e. *.spec). I want my packaging prime to be the only person to
> update the rpm spec files.  Of course, these file are located at
> various directory levels.
>
> Tried
>
> 	[*.dd file only update]
> 	match   = *.dd
> 	users   = brentwebster
> 	access  = read-write
>
> but it generated the error:
> svn: 'pre-commit' hook failed with error output:
> /server/svn/repos/tools/hook-scripts/commit-access-control.pl:
> config file
> `/server/svn/repos/playzone/hooks/commit-access-control.cfg'
> section `*.dd file only update' `match' regex `*.dd' does not
> compile: Quantifier follows nothing in regex; marked by <-- HERE in
> m/* <-- HERE .dd/ at
> /server/svn/repos/tools/hook-scripts/commit-access-control.pl line
> 160.
>
> I tried various other regex but they failed so what am I missing?
> escape characters, good documentation, what?

I'm not a commit-access-control.pl user, let alone an expert, but for
regular expressions in general (as opposed to command line globbing)
an '*' on its own doesn't mean anything. Your match in regexp speak
should be something like:

   .*\.dd

The first '.' means any character. The '*' modifies this to mean any
number of any character (possible even zero). Then the second '.' is
escaped with a '\'. Finally the dd extension.

Possible '.+\.dd' might be better + = one or more.

Re: commit-access-control.cfg file