Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Chris Custine <ch...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/02 19:07:06 UTC

[DISCUSS] Move to Apache 7 parent pom

I have forked the Karaf 1.4.0 release thread to discuss David's suggestions
below regarding upgrade felix parent pom 1.2.2 to use the apache 7 pom and
updating the Felix policy on NOTICE files.  I am in support of doing this
but after testing the apache 7 pom idea for Karaf 1.4.0 it is clear that
each subproject will require some tweaking (mostly removing overlapping
plugin configs) to make use of the new apache-release profile.  We could
certainly phase this in because each subproject could test and upgrade as
they wish, but I wanted to bring this up as a separate discussion from the
Karaf 1.4.0 release.

I don't foresee wrapping this discussion up quickly, so I am going to go
ahead and try to release Karaf 1.4.0 again in the mean time.

Thanks,
Chris
--
Chris Custine