Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Josh Hone <ic...@hotmail.com> on 2002/09/18 03:57:32 UTC

JR.prop duplicate booleans break...

Hi all -

I have noticed that if I have duplicate boolean values for some properties
that the machine gives you a horrible exception and does not like it at all.
  It says that the value assigned to the property is not boolean.  Here is
what I did:

I copied some properties from JR.p to my own properties files.  Then I
edited some (for the email config) and restarted everything.  Upon opening
the portal, I encountered the horrible exception for a property that was
duplicated in both properties files.  It was the same both places.  I
commented it out and restarted everything.  This time I was able to log in
but again received a Horrible Exception, pointing to a property that I did
alter.  Both times the error message was the same.

The issue was resolved as I removed the duplicate areas.  I deleted the ones
I changed in my personal file from JR.p.  I also deleted the ones I did not
change from my personal file.  Then the system works fine (I just have to
get out of the firewall...).

Is this a bug?

I am interested in this mainly because for an upgrade of a jetspeed system,
it is much easier to maintain your own properties files.  It gets much
harder when you have to manually go into the default files to look for
things to edit.  Not harder for me personally, but for whoever after me
looks after this portal.

Josh Hone