Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2007/03/01 00:36:16 UTC

Re: ParallelSearcher in multi-node environment

: I want to execute parallel search over several machines. But
: ParallelSearcher doesn't look perfect. It creates threads and spawns many
: requests to the underlying Searchables (over a network) for a single search.
: Is there a decent implementation of the parallel search over remote indexes
: somewhere?

what would you consider "decent implementation" of a parallel search? ...
how could it be done in parallel without spawning seperate threads for
each sub Searchable?

-Hoss

Re: [ANN] ParallelSearcher in multi-node environment

Posted by Sharad Agarwal <sh...@aol.com>.
yeah I am too looking forward to this feature, using thread pool and
minimize the remote calls in ParallelSearcher