Posted to user@beehive.apache.org by vijai kumar <in...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/22 07:47:24 UTC

Quey to iterate list of objects with page breaks

Hi all,

Right now we r having list of objects, which need to be iterated by a
repeater, how ever the page that we are modifying is using the single object
that is there in list and having repeaters in it, now since all same kind of
objects are kept in list currently need to be iterated so that for every
object now the page will show the same view (as it shown for the single
object previously) but with page breaks for each object in list.

So can any one tell me can we use repeater to iterate the list objects the
way i wanted, if not plz provide me ur inputs to Handel it.

Advance thanks.

regards,
vijay

Re: Quey to iterate list of objects with page breaks

Posted by Eddie O'Neil <ek...@gmail.com>.
Vijay--

  Not sure I'm following your question, so let me know if I've misunderstood...

  An easy way to do this is to create a temporary list that holds the
items to display on an individual page; for example, if the main list
has thirty items and the page needs to display the middle ten, just
create a new list using items 10-19 and pass this temporary list to
the repeater.

  Unfortunately, the repeater doesn't have paging features, so the
application needs to provide this if it is needed.

  HTH.

Eddie