Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Nick Haines <nh...@tibco.com> on 2007/01/17 16:11:23 UTC

Migrating from Axis 1 to Axis 2 (client side) with programmatic WSDL parsing

Hi,

I'm currently upgrading some code from Axis 1 to Axis 2, and am having
problems matching some of the functionality in Axis 1 with Axis2.

I've had a look in the documentation and not found anything so far as it
seems we are in a minority using it this way.

We currently make WebService calls using the Service object initially -
it allows you to pass in a WSDL, and it creates the equivalent of an
EndpointReference etc.

In Axis2 there seems to be no way of doing this, do I need to do the
parsing myself?

We also use the Call.invoke mechanism which takes Objects as parameters
to the WebService and returns the result as an Object.

So far in Axis2 it seems as though I will have to create the section
ourselves using the OM.  That's fine except it means writing Java->XML
data mappings unless I'm missing something obvious?

Is there some standard way to do this that I have overlooked?

Thanks in advance for the help, and apologies if I've missed answers to
this anywhere, I have searched and failed miserably!

Nick