Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com> on 2011/12/01 14:48:42 UTC

update of license headers for data files in i18npool

Hi,

looking at our IP clearance wiki page showed that there is an entry for which I
was volunteering, but which get out of my focus. Now, it gets back to my attention.

It is the issue regarding the license headers for the data files in module
i18npool - see [1].

Status update:
- Most data files are covered by Oracle's SGA
- The data files in folder i18npool/source/breakiterator/data/ which have an IBM
copyright does not have a proper license header.

I will look at ICU [2] for an appropriate replacement.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/IP_Clearance
[2] http://site.icu-project.org/

Re: help requested - Re: update of license headers for data files in i18npool

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 3:50 AM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
<or...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the hint.
>
> Yesterday, late in the evening I have also found IBM's ftp server with the
> former ICU releases. But, I had not got the time to search for the original
> source files.
> Now, I found them - also consulting markmail to get hints for the ICU
> version. There are part of the ICU version 2.2, released 2002-08-15 found at
> [3].
> This ICU release is completely under ICU license.

Excellent.  A good idea would be to document this with a readme file
in the same directory, something that explains what the files are,
where they came from, give the URL, etc.  That will help anyone in the
future who has the same question.

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

I need some help here.

It is about the following data files in folder i18npool/source/breakiterator/data/