Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Yves Zoundi <bi...@hermes.ulaval.ca> on 2006/09/01 14:20:20 UTC

[SOLUTION] Localization(i18n), session and Caching

Hi all,

Thanks to all that helped me in the right way especially Ard Schrijvers. I
managed to solve my problem with caching, I18n Transformer and the session
locale.

The i18n transformer is cacheable and so the cocoon cached response is not
always updated when using the LocaleAction.

I choose the following path :
- I created a simple Action to change the Locale : it analyses the request
or the session and store the locale in the session and return a map
containing the session locale.
- I created a I18nTransformer which is not cacheable based on the existing
I18nTransformer. I could have looked at the sourceValidity I think but I
am not sure. I would have like to create a SourceValidity which look for
the locale in the session. If i have enough time I will give it a try.

My web site now behaves correctly with a caching pipeline. Everything
cacheable is cached except the I18nTransformer.

PS: I needed to have authentication too. A simple way was to provide a
custom authentication was to create an action and use the redirector.

Thanks again everybody