Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Nathan Price <na...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2014/06/14 04:58:29 UTC

can't install 4.0.1

I am on a windows 7. I downloaded openoffice(OO) 3.2. I then upgraded to 3.3  and 3.4. Now I want to install 4.0.1, but I am reviving a message that OO is still running. I have exited and went in  to task manager and killed "soffice" it is not running anywhere.l I checked all users. I tried to do a repair install, but same thing. I singed up for the forum,but couldn't post a question. So here I am. Please Help me...

C 717.557.5723
email nateprice490@yahoo.com

Re: can't install 4.0.1

Posted by Yuzhen Fan <fa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nathan,

How are you going on with your installation for AOO 4.0.1, is the problem
resolved? I notice that you are likely doing upgrade install from 3.x to
4.x, here is the related information about upgrade for Windows, in case you
need it.

*Upgrading OpenOffice for Windows*

If the current version is 3.x, you can remove it before you upgrade to
version 4.x, or keep it and install 4.x as an additional version.

1. In the Installation Wizard, do one of the following:

- To remove 3.x and install 4.x, select Remove all older product versions.
The startup group item, desktop icon, and entry in the Add/Remove Programs
list will all refer to 4.x.
- To have both 3.x and 4.x on your computer, deselect Remove all older
product versions.  Each version will have its own startup group item,
desktop icon, and entry in the Add/Remove Programs list.

2. If the current version is 4.x, but is older than the point version that
you want to install (for example, you have 4.0.0 but want to install
4.0.1), the older version will be removed and the later one will be
installed. The startup group item, desktop icon, and entry in the
Add/Remove Programs list will all refer to the later version.

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 6:23 AM, Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 7:58 PM, Nathan Price <
> nateprice490@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
>
> > I am on a windows 7. I downloaded openoffice(OO) 3.2. I then upgraded to
> > 3.3  and 3.4. Now I want to install 4.0.1, but I am reviving a message
> that
> > OO is still running. I have exited and went in  to task manager and
> killed
> > "soffice" it is not running anywhere.l I checked all users. I tried to
> do a
> > repair install, but same thing. I singed up for the forum,but couldn't
> post
> > a question. So here I am. Please Help me...
> >
> > C 717.557.5723
> > email nateprice490@yahoo.com
>

> I'm not a Windows users but I suspect if you're  on 3.4, this might be due
> to the quickstarter enabled. Please see the following forum topics for help
> --
>

> https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8161
>
> https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=65670

> MzK
>
> "What you can do, or dream you can do, begin it;
>  Boldness has genius, power and magic in it."
>                 -- attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Yu Zhen

Re: can't install 4.0.1

Posted by Yuzhen Fan <fa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nathan,