Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Thomas Hilbig <th...@yahoo.com> on 2005/09/08 05:13:33 UTC

Re: MP2 - DBI Problem only under mod_perl: OCIEnvNlsCreate - MOSTLY SOLVED

--- Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org> wrote:

> DBD::Oracle needs these variables when DBD::Oracle
> is loaded.  which means
> they need to be in %ENV _before_ the script that
> first use()s DBD::Oracle is
> loaded.  httpd.conf is generally too late if you
> preload your modules via a
> startup.pl, or a module you PerlModule itself
> somehow loads it.
>
> the typical way to do this is to place something
> like the following in your
> startup.pl

Problem mostly resolved.

I was checking my init.d settings (/etc/init.d/httpd)
to make sure everything was pointing at the correct
httpd environment.  All was fine, however, I happended
to notice that I got different results depending if I
used _service_ or called /etc/init.d/httpd directly:

  service httpd start  (mod_perl lost ENV settings)
  /etc/init.d/httpd start (worked fine in mod_perl)

In the first method, the only ENV variables that made
it to the dbitrace.log file were those set and
exported in /etc/init.d/functions .  Setting them in
httpd.conf or via a startup.pl didn't seem to help,
but I will experiment further.

Thanks for everyone's help on this,
Tom

http://mail.yahoo.com