Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Mihai Chira <mi...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/15 14:26:13 UTC

Anyone migrated/ing from FlashBuilder to IntelliJ IDEA?

I put together a wiki page [1] with all the things that went wrong in
the migration. Please add other pitfalls that you've encountered, or
edit / comment the page if I made any mistakes there.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/What+can+go+wrong+when+moving+from+FlashBuilder+to+IntelliJ+IDEA

AW: Anyone migrated/ing from FlashBuilder to IntelliJ IDEA?

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
So what is the Issue with Linux? Is it the DebugPlayer that is only available in an older version, or is it the debugging in general?
I build my applications using Flexmojos in IntelliJ and as soon I set the configuration option debug=true, I can debug using IntelliJ by simply creating a new Flash configuration, referencing the swf artifact and hitting the Debug button (Also works for FlexUnit tests).

Chris

I am also extremely interested in the response, if any, to Maxim's question. If I could replicate my current Flex development workflow (Windows + FlashBuilder) on Ubuntu using IntelliJ IDEA that would be amazing, as I am more at home on *nix than Windows any day for development purposes.

Re: Anyone migrated/ing from FlashBuilder to IntelliJ IDEA?

Posted by Sean Baskin <se...@bnl-consulting.com>.

Posted by Vincent Sotto <ds...@gmail.com>.
well weborb updates their  .net and java versions, too bad their php is as
old as 2009 maybe thats why im getting problems running their generated code

Posted by Irwan Husein <ir...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeffry Houser <je...@dot-com-it.com>.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur

RE: Anyone migrated/ing from FlashBuilder to IntelliJ IDEA?

Posted by "Bilog, Francisco L." <FL...@lapanday.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
I'm currently writing simple Flash applications, so IntellyJ on Windows
suite my needs (+I have opensource license so I get it for free)

Posted by Vincent Sotto <ds...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marcus Wilkinson <wi...@gmail.com>.
Maxim,

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Bilog, Francisco L." <FL...@lapanday.com>.
Hi Chris,

Here we use Data Services->Connect to PHP, we get a basic crud amfphp connection that is managed and a nice data pacakge type to go with, I was looking for this functionality in intellij too

Posted by Chris Martin <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hey everyone,

Posted by fl...@dfguy.us.

Posted by Trevor Holman <tr...@cqproducts.com>.