Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Charles Swarts <ch...@yahoo.com> on 2002/08/28 20:10:02 UTC

Global Logger-Cookie Problem

looked through the archive and couldn't find an
answer, so  heres my question:

I use the following in my server.xml to write my
logs:

          <Logger
className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"
prefix="apache_log." suffix=".txt" timestamp="true" />
          <Valve
className="org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve"
directory="somepath/logs" prefix="access_log."
suffix=".txt
" pattern="combined" />

It works just fine. Except now that I am getting and
setting cookies, I need to have those cookies written
to the logs so I can do better web traffic analysis.
I know that I am setting the cookie I want to track (
I can see the cookie locally) but when that browser
with that cookie goes to that site, it does not show
up in the access_log.

Is my problem an Apache httpd.conf one?  If anyone
could point me in the right direction.....

Thanks,

cs

Re: Global Logger-Cookie Problem

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
If apache is doing your logging, the adding %{Cookie}i to your access
log directive will do the trick.

In apache 2.0 - the regular access log module can also write out
specific cookies. (I think)

If you logging via tomcat only - then you are out of luck. (Until a
patch is submitted)