Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Honorez Dylan <Dy...@cronos.be> on 2005/08/16 13:21:10 UTC

Asynchronity & BPEL

Hi,

I have some concerns regarding asynchronous webservices built with
Axis2. From what I understand, Axis2 doesn't change anything to the
WSDL, even if that webservice is capable of processing asynchronous. In
other words, it's up to the client to decide how to invoke this
webservice.

However, from what I understand from the people working on Oracle BPEL,
they use the WSDL to see whether the service should be processed
synchrounsly or aynchronously.

So if I want to build an asynchronous webservice that can be invoked
using BPEL, what do you suggest? Is there something I'm overlooking?

Another question: I generated some classes from a wsdl, and if I
understood correctly it's the Skeleton class I have to fill in.
Processing the request is easy, but how do I construct the outgoing
message? The ResponseDocumentImpl requires a SchemaType parameter, which
I'm not familiar with. How should I handle that?

Kind regards,

Dylan Honorez

                  kZEN | 4C

Researcher & Developer | Integration Consultant

Re: Asynchronity & BPEL

Posted by Jeff Greif <jg...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
The WSDL could include a WS-Addressing specification of the callback URL for
the client (usually going in a SOAP Header).

Jeff