Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Nikla Ratinen <ni...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/09 09:53:36 UTC

Re: StackMapTable format error: bad class index

Hi,

Just stumbled to the same problem with *very* strange symptoms, eg.

WORKED:
  //log.debug(user.getUserid());
  log.debug(user.getEmail());

DID NOT WORK:
  log.debug(user.getUserid());
  log.debug(user.getEmail());

User in this case was just a plain pojo, no injections or proxies involved -

userid and email both just regular string properties. These statements
were in a service *not referenced* by a page being requested when the
error occurred - the constructor lookup on
internal.services.ReflectiveInstantiator
was looking up a completely irrelevant class by the time of error...

Turns out I had Eclipse Europa (running on Sun JDK 1.6.0_03-b05 on Windows)
project configured for Java 6 compliance. Switched to 5.0 compliance from
project settings and so far everything works now... might be some thing
with Eclipse jdt.

Hope this helps to track down the bugger!

Cheers,
-- Nikla

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Which is nice; I'll be upgrading to that version shortly to see if it
breaks anything.

Posted by Yunhua Sang <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.