Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Raghu V. N" <Ra...@infosys.com> on 2003/01/14 14:27:10 UTC

questions regarding security

Hi

   I have some questions regarding the security framework of Jetspeed 1.4b3

1.  How can I assign a role to all the members of a particular group?

2. In the role-based PSML, I understand that users will not have their own PSML resources.
    So does that mean the users of a particular role will have common default.psml.If a user customizes ,will the changes
    be visible to another user of the same Role?

3. The line in JetspeedResources.prop    "services.Profiler.newuser.template=turbine"
   means that new user will get the PSML resources from the user "turbine"

    The line in Jetspeedsecurity.prop     "services.JetspeedSecurity.newuser.roles=user"
    means that the role "user" is assigned to the new user.

    Suppose the user "turbine" belongs to a role "admin",then will both the roles i.e user and admin will be assigned to the
   new user?Can somebody please explain this?

Thanks,
Raghu