Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Robert Nagy <ro...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/21 09:51:52 UTC

X-Couch-Full-Commit vs delayed_commits

How is this option related to “delayed_commits”. The name seems to suggest it’s the inverse. Which is a bit confusing.

e.g.

Maybe should be clarified in the documentation?

Re: X-Couch-Full-Commit vs delayed_commits

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
They are complementary.

delayed_commits=true means we only fsync a database once a second.
delayed_commits=false means we fsync for every request (simplified)

Now, X-Couch-Full-Commit can override the delayed_commits behaviour for a request.

So when delayed_commits=true && X-Couch-Full-Commit: then we get an fsync for that request, even if there isn’t one scheduled at that specific moment.

When delayed_commits=false, then X-Couch-Full-Commit is redundant.

Best
Jan