Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Ian de Beer <ia...@zenaptix.com> on 2009/09/13 16:56:49 UTC

Retroactive Consumer on Virtual Topics

Hi
Is it possible to make Virtual Topic subscribers receive messages
retroactively? I want the virtual topic subscribers to receive the most
recent 10 messages from the actual Topic.
Regards
Ian

Re: Retroactive Consumer on Virtual Topics

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 13 Sep 2009, at 15:56, Ian de Beer wrote:

> Hi
> Is it possible to make Virtual Topic subscribers receive messages
> retroactively? I want the virtual topic subscribers to receive the
> most
> recent 10 messages from the actual Topic.
> Regards
> Ian

Unfortunately not - Virtual Topics work by incepting the Topic message
when it is first sent to the Topic  - are you sending Persistent
messages ?

cheers,

Rob

Rob Davies